These halloween caramel apples are perfect for halloween, as a tasty treat, or table decoration come dessert. The twist? Read on to find out...By Edvin Brobeck
Welcome, spooky season! These halloween caramel apples are the perfect way to celebrate, as a tasty treat, or table decoration come dessert. The twist? Edible glitter. Lots of it.
Prep time: 10 mins.
For 3-4 medium-sized apples:
100g syrup (invert / corn / glucose)
1. Mix the sugar, syrup and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Put on high heat and simmer for 6 minutes, and in the meantime, prepare the apples by adding them to the skewers.
3. Add food coloring, turn off the heat and stir everything well to settle the bubbles.
4. Tilt the saucepan and dip the apple into the caramel. Rotate once so the caramel layer is not too thick, and is comfortable to bite into.
5. Let the apples cool on a Teflon mat, if not, on a silicone one. Cover with sparkles while the caramel is still warm.
6. Decorate with ribbons or candies of your choice, and pop into the fridge and keep cold to prevent caramel from melting.
The caramel apples can now be used as decorations for your table, fun halloween gifts, or just simply as a wicked treat for yourself!
Hungry for more baking ideas from the Mapiful Kitchen? Check out our other sweet recipes!
Tired of looking at the same old interior? Sign up and receive this limited edition Mapiful e-book, and discover community tips just like this one that teach you the art of personalizing your space, your way!