These halloween caramel apples are perfect for halloween, as a tasty treat, or table decoration come dessert. The twist? Read on to find out...By Emma
Welcome, spooky season! These halloween caramel apples are the perfect way to celebrate, as a tasty treat, or table decoration come dessert. The twist? Edible glitter. Lots of it.
Prep time: 10 mins.
For 3-4 medium-sized apples:
100g syrup (invert / corn / glucose)
1. Mix the sugar, syrup and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Put on high heat and simmer for 6 minutes, and in the meantime, prepare the apples by adding them to the skewers.
3. Add food coloring, turn off the heat and stir everything well to settle the bubbles.
4. Tilt the saucepan and dip the apple into the caramel. Rotate once so the caramel layer is not too thick, and is comfortable to bite into.
5. Let the apples cool on a Teflon mat, if not, on a silicone one. Cover with sparkles while the caramel is still warm.
6. Decorate with ribbons or candies of your choice, and pop into the fridge and keep cold to prevent caramel from melting.
The caramel apples can now be used as decorations for your table, fun halloween gifts, or just simply as a wicked treat for yourself!
Hungry for more baking ideas from the Mapiful Kitchen? Check out our other sweet recipes!
Tired of looking at the same old interior? Sign up and receive this limited edition Mapiful e-book, and discover community tips just like this one that teach you the art of personalizing your space, your way!
Every new season brings with it an element of change and a new opportunity to start fresh. With this in mind, what better way to welcome the autumn than by preparing your living space for the months ahead and refreshing your home decor? Check out our best autumn decorating ideas for fall 2021.
Feeling a lil' lost when it comes to your interior? Looks like it's time to change things up! Take our interior design style quiz and find out which interior decorating style most suits your personality. You'll even get a bonus wall art tip on completing the quiz, to help you kick-start your redecoration project!
Join us in jumping on one of the biggest interior trends of the moment! Discover our Line Art collection, and learn five surprisingly simple ways to create your own minimalist Line Art posters, with a personal touch.