She's cooked for you more times than you can count. Now it's time to return the favour! Make her smile this Mother's Day by hopping into the kitchen and baking her this sweet cake. It's super easy, too.By Emma
Think back to all those times your mom has cooked for you – it’s time to return the favour with this easy Mother’s Day Carrot Cake! Make her smile by getting busy in the kitchen and surprising her with this sweet Mother’s Day cake recipe. It’s fluffy, full of flavour and smothered with icing. Did we mention that it’s super easy to bake, too?
To make this simple six-step Mother’s Day Carrot Cake, you’ll need:
A 23 cm cake tin
150 g of grated carrots
200 g of all-purpose flour
200 g of sugar
200 g of vegetable oil
4 large eggs
100 g of raisins
100 g of walnut
10 g of baking powder
0.5 tsp of ground cinnamon
A pinch of nutmeg
200 g icing sugar
200g of Philadelphia cheese
100g of heavy cream
100 g of icing sugar
1. Break the eggs into a bowl, add sugar and mix it until starts to look fluffy.
This will take about four 4 minutes by hand, with a big whisk.
2. Add 2 spoons of oil to the eggs and sugar, mix it again with a whisk.
3. Add carrots and raisins to the eggs and sugar.
You can mix these first in a blender to give a smoother batter, but this is optional.
Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the bowl as well.
Whisk together carefully.
4. Add the baking powder to the flour, mix, and then add the flour to the liquid ingredients.
Pro tip! Remember to mix the flour well so that lumps do not form.
5. Cover the bottom of the form with baking parchment. Measure it out, and if needed, cut into a round to cover the entire shape of the baking form.
Add nuts to the dough, mix, pour the dough into the mold and send it to the oven 180 degrees and 45-55 minutes.
Psst! Cooking times depend on your oven. Make sure to check your cake as it cooks!
6. Check if your cake is readу with a skewer. It should come out of the center of the cake dry.
Let the cake cool for a couple of minutes.
FOR THE FILLING
Sweet! It’s time to add the syrup.
1. Mix the juice of half an orange with 100 g of icing sugar.
2. Pierce the whole cake with a skewer and cover with orange syrup, it should flow evenly and thickly inside the cake, so it will be as moist as possible.
3. Leave the cake to cool completely for 20 minutes.
THE LITERAL ICING ON THE CAKE
Making icing for your cake is super simple, using the cream cheese method! Let us explain…
1. Beat together 100g of heavy cream, 200g of Philadelphia, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Don’t over whisk the mixture, it should be thick and smooth enough to just run off your spoon.
2. Check that the cake is cooled, then cover the cake with the icing.
Make sure the cake is evenly covered. If the cake is still warm, the mixture may start to run off the cake.
And there you have it; a simple Mother’s Day Recipe. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your mom’s reaction when you surprise her with this beauty, and share it with us on Instagram!
Still feeling hungry? Check out the Mapiful Kitchen for more mouth-watering recipes.
Tired of looking at the same old interior? Sign up and receive this limited edition Mapiful e-book, and discover community tips just like this one that teach you the art of personalizing your space, your way!
Libra season is all about finding balance. However, this season is going to be a little bit more turbulent than usual for most of us. Here’s why, and what you can do about it.
Every new season brings with it an element of change and a new opportunity to start fresh. With this in mind, what better way to welcome the autumn than by preparing your living space for the months ahead and refreshing your home decor? Check out our best autumn decorating ideas for fall 2021.
Feeling a lil' lost when it comes to your interior? Looks like it's time to change things up! Take our interior design style quiz and find out which interior decorating style most suits your personality. You'll even get a bonus wall art tip on completing the quiz, to help you kick-start your redecoration project!